Kappa Alpha Psi National Service Program
The national service program of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. is called Guide Right. The purpose of the Guide Right program is to place the training experience and friendly interest of successful men at the disposal of youth for educational and occupational guidance, primarily inspirational and informational in character. Kappa Alpha Psi sponsors the Kappa League, an organization oriented toward helping young men of high school age grow and develop their leadership talents. The fundamental purpose of Kappa Alpha Psi is achievement; it is therefore, the fraternity's primary purpose to help these young men to achieve worthy goals for themselves and make constructive contributions to their community.
The purpose of the guide right services program are to place the training experience and friendly interest of successful men at the disposal of the youth needing inspiration and counsel regarding their choices of a lifes career, and to arouse the interest of the entire community in the problems of youth as they seek to realize lives of usefulness. The basic objectives of Guide Right may be summarized as follows:
- To help youth, especially those of high school graduating classes, in their selection of courses leading to vocations compatible with their aptitudes and personalities.
- To assist students, while they are in training, to get started in the employment, and to progress successfully in their chosen field.
- To assist parents in the handling of their children by giving them opportunities to talk over their problems with those who know and are successful in their chosen vocations.
- To afford the less fortunate youths a respite from the drudgery of the streets, through sponsored trips to ball games, zoological gardens, museums, picnics, hikes, etc.
- To inform youth of the values of higher education, of assistance available for continued pursuits, scholarship, loans, professional counseling, fellowship, etc., of various occupational and professional opportunities, and of current labor demands and the trends on the effect of these demands and trends on the labor market, i.e., supply rewards, etc.; requirements for obtaining employment, i.e., personal and scholastic.